Sunday, August 14, 2011

mis últimos días

Well I'm down to my final few days and got home from my last vacation on Thursday. it wasn't a long vacation, but it was way fun! Me and a few of mi amigas went to Puebla... again! We got to see the YSA of the state of Puebla perform El Rey Lion and it was great! I was extremely impressed with their costumes and dancing and wow it was just fun to be there! We stayed in... well basically America! ha ha our hotel was a Best Western and it was super nice! we woke up whenever we wanted to and then went to continental breakfast where there was a waiter, who spoke English, and loved to serve us. we sat there for about two hours. talking and eating and just having a grand time. then we went to the pool. it was warm and sunny and wonderful. then it was time for me and Brittan to go. we grabbed our backpacks and headed out the spinning doors. we wandered around town and bought plenty of souvenirs and then left for home.
I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures of the toilets here. Do you notice anything different about this toilet than most you seen in the U.S.?? it's missing something... the toilet seat! Strange eh?? pretty much everywhere I've been to the bathroom, the toilet has been missing the seat! I think it is hilarious!
this is a secret door. when we first came out of it we didn't know that we would be walking out of the wall! it was awesome! and what made this door even more special was that it was made out of the same material that is in church's. that rough and ugly wall paper that is often found in church gyms or sometimes even hallway
of course I had to enter the hotel through the spinning door! and Brittan felt the same way, so we had to get pictures. there were a couple of ladies standing in the lobby laughing at us because we were so easily entertained by the spinning doors! but who wouldn't be?? they are awesome!

Brittan pointed out that my shirt looked somewhat like the tiles. awesome. my mexican tile shirt may be my new favorite shirt to wear!

Imari this is for you... the cones in Mexico don't have shiny white lines on them!! cool eh?

Brittan and I may have gotten a little bit lost on our trek back home. when we asked which bus to get one, we didn't think to ask which direction the bus should be going. so we just hopped on the first one we saw. because it was raining quite a bit. and well... an hour and a half later, after driving the entire route the bus went, and getting laughed at by the driver when I asked, 'CAPU??' we made it to the bus station just in time to catch our real bus back to Tehuacan

this may be the coolest thing I've done in Mexico thus far... I made a taco. in a taco stand. in Mexico. and then got to eat it. awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment