Saturday, July 2, 2011

El Dia de ME!!

Today is my birthday! and what a great day it's been thus far...
          but first, here's yesterday! The last day of my teenage years...
Kelly y yo with Memo our very...colorful zumba instructor! sorry about the fuzziness mom, the lady we asked to take the photo didn't know how to work my camera, and her friend kept poking her arm!
to celebrate our nineteennees (yes that is now a word), we drank jugo from a bag! oh yeah!
in our wandering around our town, Brittan and I found this building and I just loved it!
Kelly wanted to make sure that I missed out on nothing during my teenage years, so she came up with this list of things to do on my last day before entering my twenties!
we found this graffiti on our walk to mi fiesta de pizza and thought it was just perfect!
me being nineteen standing in line nineteen at the grocery store!
mi fiesta de pizza at Hannah's amazing house!
I made my delicious, peanuty, peanut butter bars! delectable!
riding in the back of the truck, in the rain, in the night! woo!
this is a slightly goofy picture of me and kelly waiting en frente de shoe store to go to Chilac to find Mexican dresses!
and this is us hiding around the corner of the dress place in Chilac to see if Lupita and her madre can get a good deal on dresses before the crazy (and loud) American girls show up! ha ha
and we made it inside! this is where these nice people hand sew and decorate beautiful, traditional Mexican dresses and shirts! awesome!
mi door obsession...
and again!
these cages were in the middle of the sidewalk in Chilac... filled with all sorts of animals. but mostly chicks and bunnies! like Easter in a cage!
 I rode a combi in Zacatlan, but was told that that was not a "real" combi because the driver was great...
but I had quite the combi experience today! Kelly called this 'total cultural immersion' ha ha it's like where's Waldo... where's Paige??
eating in un mercado gigante, these are not moldy tortillas... they're blue corn and they are muy rico!!
Swiss Family Robinson...


and now mi otra fiesta!
we all piled in the back of the truck to ride to el jardin!
'my best friend!' but really... ha ha we got these shirts in Chilac this morning and had to wear them to mi Mexican fiesta!
mi familia decorated in mi favorite color! yeah!
the party planning people! and my other best friend!
and my other best friend! and zumba buddy!
i have the best family ever! this is us having some fun on the trampoline that was at mi fiesta!

No comments:

Post a Comment